Transpersonal Psychology Day on February 27, 2022 in Palo Alto, United States
- Event Type: Meeting
- Presentation: Digital
- Website URL: https://transpersonalpsychologyday.exstatica.org/
- Program URL: https://transpersonalpsychologyday.exstatica.org/
- Contact URL: https://transpersonalpsychologyday.exstatica.org/
- Contact E-mail: [email protected]
- Location: Palo Alto, United States
- Venue: Online
- Date: February 27, 2022
- Organization: Transpersonal Psychology Day
- Meeting Tags: psychology applied psychology positive psychology developmental psychology psychological research counseling psychology community psychology spirituality humanistic psychology psychobiology psychedelics transpersonal psychology transpersonal carl gustav jung roberto assagioli abraham maslow ken wilber stanislav grof
The Transpersonal Psychology Day on February 27, will be an opportunity for Transpersonal Psychology practitioners, researchers, students, and supporters to meet and share. It is a call for all psychologists and life-long experimenters to convene and discuss the transpersonal paths, and how the work of William James, Carl Gustav Jung, Roberto Assagioli, Abraham Maslow, Ken Wilber, Stanislav Grof, Steve Taylor, etc. applies to their lives.
February 27 (1888) was the birthday of Roberto Assagioli, the Italian psychiatrist who pioneered humanistic and transpersonal psychology, founding Psychosynthesis. According to Assagioli “Psychosynthesis is interested in the whole building. We try to build an elevator which will allow a person access to every level of his personality. After all, a building with only a basement is very limited. We want to open up the terrace where you can sun-bathe or look at the stars. Our concern is the synthesis of all areas of the personality. That means psychosynthesis is holistic, global and inclusive. It is not against psychoanalysis or even behavior modification but it insists that the needs for meaning, for higher values, for a spiritual life, are as real as biological or social needs. We deny that there are any isolated human problems”.
Name: Transpersonal Psychology Day