New Perspectives in Active Systems on April 24-28, 2023 in Dresden, Germany
- Event Type: Conference
- Presentation: Hybrid
- Website URL: https://www.pks.mpg.de/active23
- Location: Dresden, Germany
- Venue: Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems
- Date: April 24-28, 2023
- Organization: Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems
- Conference Tags: interdisciplinary biophysics developmental biology intelligent robots autonomous robots new experimental and engineered active systems natural and artificial active systems dense and jammed active systems
We are organizing the workshop "New Perspectives in Active Systems”, April 24th-28th, 2023 at the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, in Dresden, Germany.
Topics include: New experimental and engineered active systems - Natural and artificial active systems at all scales - Novel collective states: beyond alignment and phase separation - Nonstandard interactions: nonreciprocal, quorum-based, visual, hierarchical, etc. - New types of activity: beyond self-propulsion - Physics of self-propelled components - Novel theoretical concepts and self-organizing principles - Interaction network effects - Anticipation and trajectory dependence - Non-aligning dynamics - Active-elastic systems - Dense and jammed active systems.
Invited Speakers: Gil Ariel (IL) - Clemens Bechinger (DE) - Debasish Chaudhuri (IN) - Iain Couzin (DE) - Olivier Dauchot (FR) - Erwin Frey (DE) - Daniel Goldman (US) - Silke Henkes (NL) - David L. Hu (US) - Jean-François Joanny (FR) - Enkeleida Lushi (US) - Andrea Perna (UK) - Pawel Romanczuk (DE) - Guy Theraulaz (FR) - Matthew Turner (UK) - Yilin Wu (HK)
For further information and to apply, please visit https://www.pks.mpg.de/active23 (deadline: February 28th)
Cristian Huepe and Fernando Peruani
Name: Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems
Address: Nöthnitzer Straße 38, 01187 Dresden