Energy Transition Summit on October 17-19, 2022 in London, United Kingdom
- Event Type: Conference
- Presentation: Hybrid
- Website URL: https://energytransitions.live.ft.com/home?reference=conferenceindex&utm_source=par&utm_medium=conferenceindex&utm_campaign=2022penergytransitionsummit
- Contact E-mail: [email protected]
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Venue: Royal Garden Hotel
- Date: October 17-19, 2022
- Organization: Financial Times Live
- Conference Tags: energy finance renewable energy climate change energy storage energy technology energy policy green energy sustainable energy fossil fuels clean energy oil and gas energy production hydrogen nuclear energy hydrogen energy
Climate change remains one of the most pressing existential challenges the world faces. The latest IPCC report stated that global greenhouse gas emissions must peak by 2025. Historically a major source of GHG emissions and environmental damage, the energy sector now has to become the leading force in the race to net-zero.
It is clear the level of engagement of the energy sector’s capital, scientific innovation knowledge and global reach is critical to make the energy transition a success and in turn keep the target of 1.5C of global warming alive. However, recent geopolitical events have suggested that energy security may be a priority over the environmental impact of energy sources.
With the energy sector now facing the dual challenge of maintaining energy security while also accelerating the shift to renewables, the FT’s Energy Transition Summit 2022 will bring together industry leaders, governments and investors to share actionable advice and debate how the industry can rise to the challenge and deliver secure, affordable and clean energy. For its ninth edition the event will feature a half day of digital content, followed by two days of in-person discussions, networking and exclusive roundtables.
Name: Financial Times Live